ISO/TR 19122:2004 is applicable to the following aspects of the field of Geographic Information/Geomatics:
- To develop a Type 3 report, which describes a system for the qualification and certification, by a central independent body, of personnel in the field of Geographic Information/Geomatics.
- To define the boundaries between Geographic Information/ Geomatics and other related disciplines and professions.
- To specify technologies and tasks pertaining to Geographic Information/Geomatics.
- To establish skill sets and competency levels for technologists, professional staff and management in the field.
- To research the relationship between this initiative and other similar certification processes performed by existing professional associations.
- To develop a plan for the accreditation of candidate institutions and programs, for the certification of individuals in the workforce, and for collaboration with other professional bodies.
Status: WithdrawnPublication date: 2004-11
Edition: 1Number of pages: 99
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 211 Geographic information/Geomatics
- ICS :
- 35.240.70 IT applications in science
ISO/TR 19122:2004Stage: 95.99
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
+41 22 749 08 88
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.