ISO 6966-1:2005 specifies the minimum general design requirements applicable to aircraft ground support equipment in order to ensure
- definition of aircraft ground support equipment general requirements for designers;
- effective operation of aircraft ground support equipment.
The requirements of ISO 6966-1:2005 apply to any piece of aircraft ground support equipment used on airports.
ISO 6966-1:2005 does not intend to provide all the design requirements applicable for aircraft ground support equipment. Other requirements apply, and can be found in separate standards:
- ISO 6966-2 specifies the safety-related requirements applicable to all aircraft ground support equipment;
- ISO 4116 specifies the additional requirements applicable for conveying surfaces of those pieces of aircraft ground support equipment intended for handling and loading of baggage and cargo unit load devices (ULDs);
- specific standards, listed in the Bibliography, define the functional and performance requirements for certain types of aircraft ground support equipment.
ISO 6966-1:2005 does not apply to unmodified general-use transportation vehicles such as automobiles, vans, buses and flat-bed trucks when used on airports.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2005-11
Edition: 1Number of pages: 15
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 20/SC 9 Air cargo and ground equipment
This standard contributes to the following Sustainable Development Goal:
Buy this standard
|std 1 92|
|std 2 92||Paper|
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Stage: 90.93 (Confirmed)
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.