ISO 10842:2006 specifies the locations and types of aircraft ground service connections in order to optimize ground services, both fixed and mobile, for the following seven services:
- 400 Hz electrical power;
- preconditioned air for cabin conditioning;
- pneumatic power for jet engine start;
- potable water;
- lavatory service (draining, flushing);
- aircraft refuelling;
- interphone (headset) connections.
It focuses on these aircraft services because
- these connections are those most frequently used during aircraft airport turnaround operations;
- in terms of economic benefit, they have the greatest impact through improved efficiency.
ISO 10842:2006 applies to any new type of main line commercial transport category aircraft designed or built after its publication.
In addition, it applies to any substantially modified new derivative aircraft type in the same category (derived from a previously existing type), insofar as technically and economically practical, if specified in the aircraft type specification established between customer airline(s) and manufacturer.
Status: WithdrawnPublication date: 2006-11
Edition: 1Number of pages: 10
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 20/SC 9 Air cargo and ground equipment
- ICS :
- 49.100 Ground service and maintenance equipment
ISO 10842:2006Stage: 95.99
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.