ISO 16730:2008 provides a framework for assessment, verification and validation of all types of calculation methods used as tools for fire safety engineering. It does not address specific fire models, but is intended to be applicable to both analytical models and complex numerical models that are addressed as calculation methods in the context of this International Standard. It is not a step-by-step procedure, but does describe techniques for detecting errors and finding limitations in a calculation method.
ISO 16730:2008 includes the following:
- a process to ensure that the equations and calculation methods are implemented correctly (verification) and that the calculation method being considered is solving the appropriate problem (validation);
- requirements for documentation to demonstrate the adequacy of the scientific and technical basis of a calculation method;
- requirements for data against which a calculation method's predicted results shall be checked;
- guidance on use of this ISO 16730:2008 by developers and/or users of calculation methods, and by those assessing the results obtained by using calculation methods.
Status: WithdrawnPublication date: 2008-07
Edition: 1Number of pages: 38
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 92/SC 4 Fire safety engineering
- ICS :
- 13.220.01 Protection against fire in general
ISO 16730:2008Stage: 95.99
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
+41 22 749 08 88
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.