ISO/TR 23462:2007 provides a framework within which an organization can establish the basis for the development of programme/project management specifications and plans when undertaking the execution of a specific programme/project. It enables the programme/project manager to establish the criteria for programme/project success and to secure the organization's commitment to the programme/project manager's management approach for the overall programme/project and its constituent elements. It includes guidelines leading to the establishment of a programme/project management framework, and identification of practices to be applied. Following these guidelines also results in traceability of the considerations and decisions on why and how the programme/project is conducted according to its specific characteristics.
ISO/TR 23462:2007 provides a holistic approach for programme/project managers to apply their organization's programme/project management practices when defining the management framework for programme/project planning. It is based on a systematic method of
- defining the programme/project objectives and success criteria,
- identifying and elaborating the specific characteristics of their programme/project,
- specifying the management elements needed,
- establishing and agreeing the management approaches to be implemented,
- compiling these into a programme/project management framework document.
The guidelines in ISO/TR 23462:2007 are applicable to any organization undertaking the execution of space programmes/projects.
Status: WithdrawnPublication date: 2007-07
Edition: 1Number of pages: 10
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 20/SC 14 Space systems and operations