This standard was last reviewed and confirmed in 2018. Therefore this version remains current.
ISO/IEC 9798-5:2009 specifies entity authentication mechanisms using zero-knowledge techniques:
- mechanisms based on identities and providing unilateral authentication;
- mechanisms based on integer factorization and providing unilateral authentication;
- mechanisms based on discrete logarithms with respect to numbers that are either prime or composite, and providing unilateral authentication;
- mechanisms based on asymmetric encryption systems and providing either unilateral authentication, or mutual authentication;
- mechanisms based on discrete logarithms on elliptic curves and providing unilateral authentication.
These mechanisms are constructed using the principles of zero-knowledge techniques, but they are not necessarily zero-knowledge according to the strict definition for every choice of parameters.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2009-12
Edition: 3Number of pages: 53
Technical Committee: ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 27 Information security, cybersecurity and privacy protection
- ICS :
- 35.030 IT Security
Buy this standard
|std 1 187|
|std 2 187||Paper|
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Stage: 90.93 (Confirmed)
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
+41 22 749 08 88
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.