This standard was last reviewed and confirmed in 2018. Therefore this version remains current.
ISO 24534-4:2010 provides requirements for electronic registration identification (ERI) that are based on an identifier assigned to a vehicle (e.g. for recognition by national authorities) suitable to be used for:
- electronic identification of local and foreign vehicles by national authorities;
- vehicle manufacturing, in-life maintenance and end-of-life identification (vehicle life cycle management);
- adaptation of vehicle data (e.g. for international resales);
- safety-related purposes;
- crime reduction;
- commercial services.
It adheres to privacy and data protection regulations.
ISO 24534-4:2010 specifies the interfaces for a secure exchange of data between an ERT and an ERI reader or ERI writer in or outside the vehicle using asymmetric encryption techniques.
ISO 24534-4:2010 includes:
- the application layer interface between an ERT and an onboard ERI reader or writer;
- the application layer interface between the onboard ERI equipment and external ERI readers and writers;
- security issues related to the communication with the ERT.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2010-07
Edition: 1Number of pages: 94
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 204 Intelligent transport systems
This standard contributes to the following Sustainable Development Goal:
Buy this standard
|std 1 208|
|std 2 208||Paper|
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Stage: 90.20 (Under review)
Corrigenda / AmendmentsPublished
ISO 24534-4:2010/Amd 1:2019
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
+41 22 749 08 88
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.