This standard was last reviewed and confirmed in 2021. Therefore this version remains current.
ISO/IEC 23000-11:2009 specifies a file format which is capable of storage, interchange, management, editing, and presentation of stereoscopic video contents based on the ISO base media file format.
ISO/IEC 23000-11:2009 specifies the following:
- the file type brand for stereoscopic video contents;
- four stereoscopic video contents composition types, which are widely used and suitable for the 3D mobile display;
- the file structure, which is capable of storage with a single video track or two video tracks for stereoscopic contents;
- the stereoscopic video media information, which includes the visual type information of signaling stereoscopic content composition types, and the stereo_mono_change information for the identification of each fragment in stereo-monoscopic mixed contents;
- the stereoscopic camera and display information, which provides camera, display and visual safety information for stereoscopic contents;
- the track reference type, which tells the track of indicating primary and secondary view sequences in case of using two video tracks for stereoscopic contents;
- the item location, which provides a location of stereoscopic fragments in stereoscopic video contents.
ISO/IEC 23000-11:2009 provides the overall structure for storing pure stereoscopic video contents and also stereo-monoscopic mixed contents with the stereoscopic-related information in mobile environments.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2009-11
Edition: 1Number of pages: 23
Technical Committee: ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 29 Coding of audio, picture, multimedia and hypermedia information
- ICS :
- 35.040.40 Coding of audio, video, multimedia and hypermedia information
Buy this standard
|std 1 124|
|std 2 124||Paper|
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Stage: 90.93 (Confirmed)
Corrigenda / AmendmentsPublished
ISO/IEC 23000-11:2009/Amd 1:2011Published
ISO/IEC 23000-11:2009/Amd 2:2011Published
ISO/IEC 23000-11:2009/Amd 3:2014
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
+41 22 749 08 88
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.