ISO 11239:2012 specifies:
· the structures and relationships between the data elements required for the exchange of information, which uniquely and with certainty identify pharmaceutical dose forms, units of presentation, routes of administration and packaging items related to medicinal products;
· a mechanism for the association of translations of a single concept into different languages;
· a mechanism for the versioning of the concepts in order to track their evolution;
· rules to allow regional authorities to map existing regional terms to the terms created using ISO 11239:2012 in a harmonized and meaningful way.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2012-11
Edition: 1Number of pages: 28
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 215 Health informatics
- ICS :
- 35.240.80 IT applications in health care technology
This standard contributes to the following Sustainable Development Goal:
Buy this standard
|std 1 145||PDF + ePub|
|std 2 145||Paper|
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Stage: 90.92 (To be revised)
Revised byUnder development
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.