ISO/TS 21219-15:2016 specifies the TPEG application: Traffic Event Compact (TEC). The TEC application has been specifically designed to support information about traffic events (e.g. road works, traffic jams). A specific form of traffic events are local hazard warnings which, being safety-related messages, are sent with high priority to warn a driver that may encounter dangerous situations (e.g. black-ice, accident beyond curves, obstacles on road, etc.) unexpectedly.
Generally, the Traffic Event Compact application is designed to allow receivers to
- ensure travel safety for the driver,
- enable the calculation of alternative routes,
- avoid delays (e.g. traffic jams),
- warn the driver of obstructions on route, and
- provide the driver with information on infrastructural problems (e.g. closed petrol stations, non-functioning emergency telephones).
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2016-06
Edition: 1Number of pages: 63
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 204 Intelligent transport systems
This standard contributes to the following Sustainable Development Goals:
Buy this standard
|std 1 187|
|std 2 187||Paper|
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Stage: 90.92 (To be revised)
Will be replaced byUnder development
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.