ISO 23125:2014 specifies the requirements and/or measures to eliminate the hazards or reduce the risks in the following groups of turning machines and turning centres, which are designed primarily to shape metal by cutting.
- Group 1: Manually controlled turning machines without numerical control.
- Group 2: Manually controlled turning machines with limited numerically controlled capability.
- Group 3: Numerically controlled turning machines and turning centres.
- Group 4: Single- or multi-spindle automatic turning machines.
It covers the significant hazards and applies to ancillary devices (e.g. for workpieces, tools and work clamping devices, handling devices and chip handling equipment), which are integral to the machine. ISO 23125:2014 also applies to machines which are integrated into an automatic production line or turning cell inasmuch as the hazards and risks arising are comparable to those of machines working separately.
Status: PublishedPublication date: 2015-01
Corrected version (en): 2016-03
Corrected version (fr): 2016-03
Edition: 2Number of pages: 72
Technical Committee: ISO/TC 39/SC 10 Safety
- ICS :
- 25.080.01 Machine tools in general
This standard contributes to the following Sustainable Development Goals:
Buy this standard
|std 1 187|
|std 2 187||Paper|
ISO 23125:2010/Amd 1:2012
A standard is reviewed every 5 years
Stage: 90.92 (To be revised)
Will be replaced byUnder development
ISO/CD 23125-1.2Under development
ISO/AWI TR 23125-2
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs
Monday to Friday - 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 (UTC+1)
Keep up to date with ISO
Sign up to our newsletter for the latest news, views and product information.